The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Day 19 - FR

Cookie says...
The girls (and Pilty) were off for another rendezvous with *French accent* Georges-Alan. I watched for a bit then headed back up to yesterdays field. This time I went right across to the other side and found some more fun and fast runs. One lift was closed while I had queued up due to injury evacs so I went elsewhere. When the girls were done I tried getting back as quick as I could but that was a 90 min commute.


Earlier Sarah and Bron had spied a fondue place for dinner. Entrees were escargots (snails) followed by a meat / oil and a cheese / mushroom fondue. It was soo good but soo filling. I think I had to be rolled back to the apartment. Fortunately it wasn't far (thank you Sarah!)


Julie says...
My calf muscles would like to welcome my thigh and knee muscles to their pain party. I spend so much time pushing down on my skies trying desperately to slow down as I corner that my muscles are questioning my sanity. Georges-Alan assures me that if I go faster, it will be easier...

After introducing myself to the same patch of ice three times, I spent some practice time on the slopes after lunch and I think I am getting the hang of it.

Sarah says...
So we had another lesson with our Guru - Georges-Alan. We are all improving and he is quite patient with us but extremely honest about what we are doing wrong.

Fondue was amazing!


Pilty says...
Skiing... pretty sure I should switch to snowboarding
Fondue... so good, could've eaten it all night
Snowmobiling...non existent :(
Garlic snails...impressively tasty (although probably due to garlic)


Bronwen says...
We hit the big slope today with Georges-Alan. After a very slow start (I couldn't have gone slower if I was dead), I started going about ten metres an hour and managed to not stack it on the last couple of runs down. I am having a pain party in my pants... sitting is difficult as is walking and standing still. Fondue for dinner and a lovely Sancerre helped immensely.

No comments:

Post a Comment