The blog is evolving!

Stay tuned for new features including journey maps, some missing posts, linked photo albums, minor tweaks and ultimately... the earlier trips...

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Day 3 - NZ

Cookie says...
This morning was colder than yesterday but it didn't stop us from checking out some markets at the train station. The markets weren't big but they had some good stuff. Afterwards we were on the road heading to Te Anau which is on the other side of the island.


Four hours, five towns and six million sheep later, we'd made our destination in time to book a glowworm tour and risk salmonella poisoning with a servo pie. The tour was good and Julz and I returned to the room while Mim went for a stroll to a wildlife park.

Julie says...
Today we went to the market where my fingers froze. I took a 'short' nap in the car, even though I'm the designated navigator, and helped Mim find a new word to describe the scenery ('pretty' just doesn't seem to cut it). I then contemplated how easy it would be to murder someone in a dark cave...


Mim says...
On the drive from Dunedin to Te Anau, my exclamations of the scenery evolved from pretty to, scenic to stunning to just WOW!


It really is a beautiful part of the country. Pity about the effect that the pie had on my digestive tract.

No comments:

Post a Comment